- ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) from Flashforge, is a petroleum based thermoplastic and is most extensively used as a 3D printer filament.
- It is best used for making durable parts that need to withstand higher temperatures.
- In comparison to PLA filament, ABS plastic is less “brittle” and more “ductile.”
- Commonly 3D printed objects with ABS are Interlocking parts like gears, parts exposed to UV and heat, or prototyping.
- ABS is definitely more temperamental during the printing process than PLA. However, the end product has more strength and flexibility.
- It can withstand higher temperatures than PLA.
- It is advisable to use ABS when strength is needed and heat exposure is probable.
- ABS is a strong plastic with a mild flexibility, having a tendency to bend rather than break. It can be sanded and machined with ease.
- As a thermoplastic ABS has the characteristics of becoming soft and moldable when heated and then returning to a solid state when cooled. It softens at 90º C, melts at 180º C and bonds strongly at 230º C.
- ABS is considered to be hydrophilic hence when ABS filament is exposed to moisture for extended lengths of time, such as humidity, the filament will bubble and spurt from the tip of the 3D printer nozzle. It is advised that the filament be kept in an airtight container for long-term storage.
- If it is exposed to moisture for extended lengths of time, it can be dried in a food dehydrator.
- ABS is soluble in acetone. Parts can be welded together by carefully applying a drop or two of acetone to the plastic.
1.75mm Diameter high quality ABS filaments Compatible with wide range of 3D Printers
Material weight: 1kg ± 0.05kg total weight: 1.4kg Density: 1.31 g/cc Melting point: 210° c
Tested extensively for smooth and frictionless feeding to ensure smooth 3D printing process and also ease of using
Packaging : Vacuum sealed with desiccant to protect filament from humidity
Most widely compatible and recommended PLA material for 3D printing premium quality 3D objects both for commercial purpose and personal use ranging from all kinds of prototypes across industries like Architecture prototypes, Automobile prototypes, Dental prototypes, many other customized 3D prototypes and also to make customized or personalized 3D miniatures.